- Of Counsel
Jill C. Engle was born in Bedford, Pennsylvania in 1969. She attended the Pennsylvania State University (B.A., Communications, 1990), and the American University's law school (J.D., cum laude 2000). She was admitted to the New York and Pennsylvania bars in 2002.
Ms. Engle is a law professor and director of the Family Law Clinic at Penn State Law. She acts as "of counsel" for the law firm. She assists with the law firm's management and consults with the practicing attorneys on matters of family law, her main area of scholarship at Penn State Law, but she does not represent clients or handle cases. Ms. Engle also participates in the Central Counties Collaborative Law Community, along with the law firm's lead family law attorney, Rose Kauffman. She presented a workshop at the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals in 2012.
Prior to settling in State College in 2002, Ms. Engle gained extensive experience in litigation and public policy in the Washington, DC area. While attending law school at night, she worked at the law firm Morgan Lewis doing commercial litigation and civil rights work, and at the National League of Cities working on affordable housing issues.
After graduating from law school in 2000, Ms. Engle continued working at Morgan Lewis in the law firm’s litigation section. In 2001 she worked for the law firm of Lerch Early & Brewer in Bethesda, Maryland doing commercial litigation. In 2001-2002, Ms. Engle was law clerk to Judge Neal. E. Kravitz of the Superior Court of D.C., where she worked on juvenile, civil, and criminal cases.
Ms. Engle was a recipient of the Pennsylvania Bar Association's Pro Bono Advocate of the Year award in 2010. During law school, she was granted a Marshall-Brennan fellowship to teach Constitutional Law in an impoverished Washington, D.C. high school. Ms. Engle serves on numerous local, state and national boards and committees.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Financial Support
- Grandparents' Rights
- Juvenile Law
- Civil Rights Cases
- New York, 2002
- Pennsylvania, 2002
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2000
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1990
- Adjunct Professor, Mass Media Law, 2002 to 2004
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Centre County Bar Association, Member
- St. Paul's United Methodist Church (Sunday School Teacher)
- Centre Hills Country Club (Pool and Tennis Committee)
- Lemont-Houserville Elementary Schools PTO
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Masorti, Sullivan and Engle in State College, 2002 to 2004
- Morgan Lewis Law Firm, 2000 to 2001
- Lerch Early & Brewer Law Firm, 2001 to 2001
- Judge Neal. E. Kravitz of the Superior Court, Law Clerk, 2001 to 2002